What is a plant growth lamp?
Plants need light for nutrient uptake, and they use the energy of light for photosynthesis to obtain the necessary nutrients for growth and development. So photosynthesis is the key to plant survival. LED plant growth light is a kind of use LED components light instead of sunlight, specifically to promote plant photosynthesis, create suitable for plant growth and development of light environment ,designed with a specific spectral wavelength of special lamps and lanterns.
Photosynthesis of plants
Photosynthesis, refers to the green plants and certain bacteria containing chloroplasts, under visible light irradiation, with light and carbon reaction (old dark reaction), use of photosynthetic pigment, the carbon dioxide is converted into organic matter (or hydrogen sulphide) and water, and release oxygen or hydrogen biochemical processes. There is also a process of converting light energy into chemical energy in organic materials
CO2+H2O→(CH2O)+O2 (condition:Light energy and chloroplast)
The effect of different spectra on plants
- 280 ~ 315nm: minimal effect on morphology and physiological processes
- 315 ~ 400nm: Absorption of chlorophyll, affecting photoperiodic effects, preventing stem elongation
- 400 ~ 520nm (blue): The absorption ratio of chlorophyll and carotenoids is the largest and has the greatest effect on photosynthesis
- 520 ~ 610nm (green): Absorption rate of pigment is not high
- 610 ~ 720nm (red): Absorption rate of chlorophyll is low and has significant effects on photosynthesis and photoperiodic effects
- 720 ~ 1000nm: Low Absorption Rate, Stimulates Cell Prolongation, Affects Flowering and Seed Germination
- >1000nm : Convert to Heat